- Business Acumen
- Consultation Objective
Whether managers are trying to help employees sharpen their skills, develop themselves toward future goals, or rebound after derailing, employees greatly benefit from being coached. In this blended learning class, we explore supervision from the mind-set of a coach; where a partnership-supportive of employee development is the focus. We build the critical coaching skills necessary to enhance that partnership, and give managers the tools and confidence needed to embrace the coaching role successfully. We navigate through a coaching model which gives managers a solid framework for holding various types of coaching conversations, including the preparation, implementation, and follow up needed to support the coaching partnership.
This class includes a series of online self-directed learning modules, video demonstrations, and two half-day training sessions. Participants must enroll a minimum of two weeks prior to the first training session so they can complete the prerequisite coursework.
- Identify the personal qualities of a coach that are critical to employees
- Determine the roles and responsibilities of a coach
- Assess current coaching skills and behaviors through use of the Coaching Process Questionnaire
- Conduct a developmental coaching conversation
- Apply effective coaching techniques
- Diagnose employee performance using gap analysis
- Conduct a performance development coaching conversation and receive feedback from peer participants
Managers, supervisors, team leads, and anyone who does formal or informal workplace coaching
Employers Council staff
In addition to the standard on-site rate, there is a $15 per-person materials fee.