Requests for FMLA leave are ubiquitous for today’s human resources professional. A myriad of forms, deadlines, policy requirements and medical certifications combine to weave a web of potential organizational and personal liability for the HR professional. The FMLA is truly one of the most complicated employment laws for human resources professionals. Are your current practices up to date?
- The elusive “serious health condition”
- Employee notice requirements: can the employee simply decide not to show up for work?
- Managing intermittent leave
- Administering attendance policies under the FMLA
- Understanding FMLA for military situations
- Review of policy requirements and FMLA forms to properly administer the law
Human resources professionals who administer the FMLA