- Business Management and Strategy
- Business Acumen
Financial statements offer a wealth of information for those who know how to read them. Designed to be a more advanced course in financial accounting with fundamental analysis, you can learn what your competitors are telling you through their financial statements.
This course invites a unique combination of two perspectives: accounting and finance. Accounting is used to build financial statements; analysis is used to tear them apart for understanding. Both perspectives are useful in learning how companies operate and in making high-level decisions.
Concepts to be discussed and worked upon
- Accounting fundamentals (GAAP/Tax) and financial analysis
- Using the balance sheet: current assets, earning assets and analysis
- Adjustments the balance sheet: debt and equity
- What auditors do and don’t do
- Using Financial Analysis to discover (and avoid) problems within companies
- Understanding Fraud; using Financial Analysis to discover red flags
Managers and investors who want to analyze information that is available in published financial statements. Learn how to spot signs of both strength and weakness in the numbers