- Leadership and Navigation
This class expands on Emotion Intelligence, one of Employers Council’s most popular and impactful courses. The neuroscience of leadership is a pioneering approach towards understanding and influencing human behavior and leadership and field based on scientific research and findings of brain-mapping. Technological advances in functional magnetic imaging (fMRI) helps us understand the workings of the brain and its relationship to effective leadership skills, successful change management initiatives, enhanced creativity and improved innovation, and a more engaged workforce. By understanding how the brain functions, we can transform how leaders think, develop, and perform. Participants will have the opportunity to leverage the advances in neuroscience in order to improve their own performance as well as the performance of others.
- Provide an overview of the emerging field of neuroscience
- Understand how we think so we can become better thinkers, understand our behavior, and build our capacity to intentionally rewire our brain for optimal effectiveness
- Explore David Rock’s concept of Neuroleadership, a term he coined in 2006
- Explore how to apply neuroscience findings and practices in your organization to improve employee engagement, develop positive working relationships, maximize innovation and creativity, and increase focus.
Leaders, supervisors, managers, and anyone who is interested in maximizing their leadership potential by leveraging the advances of neuroscience