This advanced seminar will provide a roadmap to guide employers through the intricate compliance issues involved in managing an employee with a medical condition. This seminar will address the statutory requirements of each law, examine some of the common management difficulties that are encountered, and suggest practical ways to address these concerns.
This advanced seminar requires a working knowledge of the three legal statutes. Interested individuals without experience in these areas should consider taking MSEC’s seminars on the Americans with Disabilities Act, Family and Medical Leave Act, and Workers’ Compensation Basics prior to enrolling.
- When is each law triggered?
- What if more than one law applies?
- Obtaining medical information
- Managing attendance issues
- When can employment be terminated?
- Compensation issues
- Benefit coverage and continuation
- Return to work and light duty issues
Human resources professionals, managers, and specialists who have workplace responsibility in these areas