One of the keys to effective training is making it interactive. Lecturing at the front of the room rarely leads to long-term retention. You can design an activity to liven your content to increase you training impact for sustainable results. Designing a fun activity that has a purpose for learning takes some skill. Training Activities gives you those skills. This course teaches participants how to select, design, and facilitate training activities.
Emphasis is placed on how to make training more interactive regard- less of content. Participants have opportunities to experience an activity, debrief the activity, and then critique it from both the perspective of participant and facilitator. A variety of activities are explored including: openers, simulations, assessments, case studies and game formats. Discussions include how the various types of activities can be adapted to meet the needs of your learners.
- Determine if training activities are appropriate for the material
- Link the purpose of a training activity to the content
- Expand your ability to design effective activities
- Practice how to prepare and introduce a variety of training activities
- Facilitate the debriefing of training activities
- Evaluate the effectiveness of current training activities
Individuals who design and deliver training and seek additional methods and techniques to enhance the interactivity of their training programs
Employers Council staff
In addition to the standard on-site rate, there is a $60 per-person materials fee.