- HR Expertise
- Critical Evaluation
Training is a process, not an event. Assessing the need for training, defining critical knowledge, skills, and attitudes, identifying barriers of transfer, as well as evaluating the impact of training are vital skills all trainers need to develop. This foundational training and development seminar is designed to help trainers, HR professionals, and anyone involved in the Human Resource Development process understand and use selected needs assessment and evaluation tools as part of the design and delivery of training. In this seminar, participants will explore various concepts and methods for creating appropriate needs assessment and evaluation strategies.
- Discuss the importance of conducting a needs assessment
- Classify different types of training needs
- Identify and practice multiple approaches and tools for conducting a training needs assessment
- Interpret needs assessment results to differentiate training needs from other organizational solutions
Evaluation of Training
- Review the four levels of evaluation
- Craft an evaluation strategy and identify evaluation tools
- Draft meaningful evaluation questions
- Discuss techniques for estimating training costs and Return on Investment (ROI)
Trainers, human resources professionals, training directors, and managers responsible for measuring training effectiveness
Employers Council staff
Employers Council also offers Training Needs Assessments customized for your organization. For more information on how Employers Council can help you identify specific areas for training and development, call the Organizational Development and Learning Department.