- Leadership and Navigation
- Critical Evaluation
- HR Expertise
A ready, viable, and sustainable workforce aligned with the organization’s strategic focus is a requirement for success. The objective of this class is to provide the knowledge and tools to assist participants in making effective strategic staffing decisions. The goal of workforce planning is to have the right people, with the right skills, in the right place, at the right time. Instead of a reactive process (automatically filling jobs as a vacancy occurs) a more proactive, systematic approach to workforce planning is needed. Before recruiting and hiring, management must determine the appropriate staffing levels and competencies required to build and sustain the organization’s competitive position.
In this practical workshop you will learn how to assess your future human capital needs and integrate them into an effective workforce plan through class exercises and case study.
- Strategic importance of workforce planning
- Understanding your business
- Aligning with strategy and strategic goals
- A workforce planning model
- Workforce analysis and forecasting methods
- Gap analysis of human capital needs
- Strategies for closing the gaps
- Considerations for staffing options
- Monitoring and measuring the plan
Human resource practitioners, business owners, managers, and any others who participate in making staffing decisions